Homeport Mission: To create a cornerstone of dignity, security and opportunity through quality affordable homes and strong communities.
Since its inception in 1987, Homeport has given greater security, opportunity and dignity to thousands of low-income people by building quality, affordable homes, primarily financed with private investment leveraged by Federal tax credits. Homeport also develops new and renovated homes designed to catalyze neighborhood revitalization, including market-rate homes, single-family, and lease-to-purchase homes.
- Close the Gap
Closing the housing gap by adding at least 250 residents annually to the affordable rolls via home sales, lease-option purchases and development of rental apartments.
- Be Laser Focused on our Core Client
Being “laser focused” in resident services, including adding new partners who are specialists.
- Cultivate Partnerships
Growing partnerships and increasing our philanthropy efforts to fuel the growth of housing and resident services.
- Promote a High Performance Culture
Promoting a high-performance culture that will financially sustain our organization and enhance the satisfaction and personal growth of our employees.
- Brand Awareness
Adopting a branding strategy to increase awareness of the job we are doing, enhance our ability to meet philanthropic goals and solidify our position as a leader in the affordable housing market.
In the understanding that providing a roof over someone’s head is only the start of a stronger home, Homeport surrounds its rental communities with comprehensive support to promote long-term stability and health. With the assistance of partners and volunteers, Homeport organizes out-of-school programs, free produce markets, school supply drives, and more for thousands of residents every year.
Homeport also equips thousands of Central Ohioans with the foundational skills needed for successful home ownership. Through group classes and one-on-one coaching, Homeport provides direction and training in key areas such as the home buying process, setting a budget, and avoiding foreclosure, with the goal of providing the tools everyone needs to be long-term stewards of a home.
A range of key local stakeholders established Homeport, including the City of Columbus, The Enterprise Foundation, Columbus REALTORS, The Columbus Foundation, and local religious and private-sector leaders. Homeport has established itself as the largest locally-focused nonprofit producer of affordable housing and related services in the region, and as one of the top fifteen producers of affordable housing in the NeighborWorks® America national network. Read more Homeport history here.
Core Values: Trust, Accountability, Collaboration, Respect, Quality
- We take pride in the quality of our work. Our reputation is fundamental to what we do.
- We care deeply about families—of our employees, clients and community.
- We effectively collaborate and respect individual contributions.
- We value the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our employees and partners.
- We build trust and drive performance through transparent communication.
- We rely on measurable analytical data to make informed and timely decisions.
- We encourage growth, innovation, and continuous improvement in our employees, programs, and products.
- We hold ourselves accountable for our failures and make adaptations to improve performance; We celebrate our successes.
- We have fun and work with passion!