LET'S GET YOU READY
I have a credit score of less than 580 and/or any one of the following items applies to my situation:
- unaware of credit score
- limited savings and uncertain where down payment will come from
- less than 18 months of steady income,
- not yet had bankruptcy discharged/dismissed or its only been 1-2 years since it’s been discharged/dismissed
Home READINESS WORKSHOP
Total Length: 1.5 Hour
$10 registration fee.
For the month of April use UNIONSAVINGS code for complimentary workshop.
When you are ready to register for Homebuyer Education please call 614.221.8889 x134 for a code to credit $10 toward your registration.
One and a half hour (1.5) workshops are held twice a day every Wednesday.
What you’ll learn:
Develop an understanding of all of the steps involved in purchasing a home and prepare yourself financially. Then work your plan so that you can take the next big step of enrolling in Homeport’s 8-hour home buyer education workshop. You will hear what lenders look for in an application for a mortgage. Plus, review frequently asked questions with our Housing Advisors and get a chance to ask your questions.
I have a credit score of 580 or better and any one of the following items applies to my situation:
- pre-approved by a lender
- in-contract on a home
- have or are sorting out down payment
- steady income for at least 18 months
- bankruptcy discharged/dismissed within the past 2-3 years
Total Length: 8 Hours
$99 registration fee.
Celebrate spring with $25 off April and May Homebuyer Education. Use code SPRINGFORWARD to save.
$99 registration fee includes;
- Homebuyer Education class
(Saturday class series)
- At least 2 credit and budget reviews
- Closing document review
- 2 Home Repair classes
(interior and exterior maintenance)
What you will learn: Learn each step of the home buying process.
- How to find a home and negotiate a contract
- How to apply for a mortgage loan
- What lenders look for when approving you for a mortgage
- How to budget to buy a home
- How to understand your credit
- What happens during the closing process
- How to be a successful homeowner