FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does the Homebuyer Education registration include?
The $99 registration fee includes; the Saturday Homebuyer Education class series, at least 2 Credit & Budget reviews and closing document review.
The Saturday Homebuyer Education Class series is held over (2) consecutive Saturday mornings from 9:00am – 1:30pm. Please be aware that class times may shift based on our host business or organization. Please confirm class times on your ticket.
What topics are covered in the class?
- How to find a home and negotiate a contract
- How to apply for a mortgage loan
- What lenders look for when approving you for a mortgage
- How to budget to buy a home
- How to understand your credit
- What happens during the closing process
- How to be a successful homeowner
How do I register?
All current Homeport Homebuyer Education classes are listed on the main page [click here]. You will need a debit/credit card to register with our online registration system.
Can you take my credit card over the phone?
No, we cannot process orders over the phone. Our registration is online only.
What happens if I don’t have internet at home?
You have several options;
- Our online registration system is mobile friendly so you can register on a smart phone.
- Homeport has internet access in our lobby for guests to register. Our offices are located at 3443 Agler Road, Suite 200, Columbus, OH 43219.
- The Columbus Metropolitan library system located throughout Franklin County has computers with internet access.
Is the Homebuyer Education registration for a person or household?
Homeport Homebuyer Education registration allows two adults to attend a Homebuyer Education class series.
What if I don’t make the class?
We do not offer refunds for class registrations. Please contact our client coordinators at 614-221-8889 x1000 for a code to reschedule your class in the future.
May I assign my registration to someone else if I cannot attend?
Yes, contact our client coordinators at 614-221-8889 x1000 to transfer your registration to another guest.
Are discounts available for families?
Central Ohio families with a household income that meets a certain threshold may qualify for a complimentary class by providing income documentation. Please call 614-221-8889 x1000 for more information.
I am a Homeport resident. Do I have to pay for a class?
Please call 614-221-8889 x134 for a code for your complimentary class.
I completed my Homebuyer Education class and would like to schedule my Credit & Budget Counseling.
Please call Homeport at 614-221-8889 x134 to schedule your session.
Additional questions? Please contact us.