Your support in 2011 was instrumental in helping Homeport continue our mission. We appreciate the unprecedented participation in our My Home events, Home Cooking with Homeport, and Bringing People Home Celebration. Community and business involvement continued with The Big Give and Columbus Food League’s Day of Giving at Dirty Franks and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Thank you for your generous donations of time, expertise and resources. Your impact reached all of the people we served in 2011. Here are some of the ways:
Homeport Rental Living
• Providing attractive, affordable rental homes for 5,000 people including over 2,500 children with average incomes for a family of 4 between $7,000 and $25,000.
Homeport Community Life Programs
- Providing service coordination by human service professionals available all Homeport residents
- Free after-school and summer programs for children in 8 of our rental communities
- With the help of community partners, served 21,696 meals to children in the out of school programs
- Holding developmental and socialization programs children, teens, adults and seniors, across lifespan
- Facilitating resident leadership and community safety training opportunities
- Providing multi-cultural service delivery partnerships
- English as a second language classes are available at sites
- Holding health fairs and providing access to job counseling
- Beautifying neighborhoods and maintaining community gardens so residents have the benefit of fresh produce
- Organizing school supply and holiday gift drives to ensure that all children have the tools they need to succeed in school
Homeport Home Ownership
- Brought the 100th family home since 2004!
- Broke ground on the first 6 homes in the American Addition neighborhood.
- Saw appraisals for our North of Broad homes continue to rise despite the housing crisis!
($125,000 to $145,000 = 16% gain on value since the first home was built in 2006)
Homeport Housing Advisory Center
- Continued to provide free one-on-one foreclosure prevention counseling in 2011 – 1,341 clients with an average of 6 hours of counseling per client
- Held free Homebuyer Education and Financial Fitness workshops in 2011 – 633 graduates – 491credit counseling session – 208 homes purchased by participants in these workshops – 17,264 new inquiries for programs in 2011
- Fielded 2,400 referrals from Restoring Stability: A Save the Dream Ohio Initiative
- Over 18,800 clients served since 2001
[header2]Together we served 14,000 Central Ohio residents!![/header2]
Donate today to continue your impact in 2012 as we add new rental homes, expand our role in improving the lives of residents in our communities, further our neighborhood development at American Addition, continue to prepare families for home ownership and help the still increasing numbers of people affected by the foreclosure crisis