At Homeport, we believe that each family should have the opportunity to experience the joy of giving and receiving during the holidays. However, the holidays can be especially tough on the low and moderate income families in our community.
Parents who volunteer in their communities are invited to participate in our Winter Wish Program. They request a special gift costing between $30 and $40 for each child. We match those gift requests with volunteers who purchase the gifts. Parents then pick up the gifts and surprise their children with them during the winter.
You can participate by:
- purchasing gifts for a child
- making a cash OR online donation (directions below)
- donating supplies – hot chocolate, cookies, tape, scissors & gift wrap (not religious/holiday themed)
Contact Rachel Ernst by email or phone at 614.545.4817.
Making an online donation
1. Head over to http://homeportohio.org/give/
2. Click "Donate Now"
3. Make a $30 donation (per child)
4. Add to cart
5. Go to checkout
6. Click "Make this a gift"
7. Enter "Winter Wishes" in gift recipient
8. Enter your email in the next line
9. Click "Pay Now"
10. That's it!
UPDATE | 11.29.2012
We have over 600 children registered for gifts for this year – great job to our AmeriCorps team for their hard work getting so many families registered. Alliance Data has adopted 198 kids, Starbucks has adopted 130, and there are still more than 200 children that need to be adopted!
UPDATE | 12.06.2012
660 kids are registered, and 120 still need adopted!