Universal Design is a worldwide movement that is based on the idea that all environments and products should be usable by all people, regardless of their ages, sizes, or abilities. Because this movement applies to everyone, the concept of Universal Design is known around the world as "design for all," "inclusive design," and "life-span design." –via The Ohio State University Extension
With this concept in mind, Homeport Home Ownership aims to develop more properties that accommodate such a wide-ranging population. Three of our current homes that incorporate Universal Design are in our Restore Franklin County: Northland neighborhood – 1726 Sale Road, 3721 Walford Street, and 3727 Walford Street.
Unique features to these homes include:
- Zero-level entry eases access for strollers and wheelchairs
- One-story living makes moving between spaces barrier-free
- Spacious doorways and hallways ensure trouble-free maneuverability
- Smooth entry bathrooms and showers are easy to get in and out of
- Lower windows and entry-door viewers increase the range of visibility
For more information regarding the many unique features of our homes, please contact Angela at 614-545-4827.
UPDATE 01/25/2013: The prices have been lowered on each of these homes by as much as $20,000.