Provides support of and facilitates resident training, development and special events relating to resident engagement. Responsible for connecting residents with Homeport programs and resources during the residential life cycle. Responsible for all operations activities related to Homeport programming at Homeport sites. Oversees the resident leadership program, in partnership with the Learning & Engagement Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides outreach to and orients residents to Homeport programs and resources.
- Promotes and recruits residents for educational opportunities.
- Responsible for resident adult and youth leadership initiatives, block watches, community meetings and community-building, as appropriate, with residents at Homeport communities.
- Partners internally with the Learning & Engagement team to develop a layered service approach to inform and educate residents about Homeport programming.
- Partners with the Manger of Volunteer Services to provide Community Engagement volunteers.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and best practices through research and implements new programs that assist in lowering resident turnover.
- Responsible to facilitate training and development for Partner Organizations.
- Cultivates and maintains relationship with community partners.
- Plans and coordinates special events and community-building activities.
- Conducts on going evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Coordinates with Homeport’s Rental Living Department to develop and implement programs in connection with new developments and projects under construction.
- Assists with reporting and meeting fiscal, and budget requirements within established timelines for various grantors.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience
A minimum 5-10 years of community programming or direct service experience and a bachelor’s degree in social work, public administration or related function from an accredited school. Licensure preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Displays versatility in securing a diverse network of community and resident relationships that are supportive of Homeport’s goals and mission
- Proven ability to lead community initiatives
- Solid ability to influence individuals and groups to participate in organizational programming
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Effective delivery of presentations and training
- Strong problem/conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills
- Solid ability to engage in independent field work and work collaboratively across Homeport departments
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools
- Holds and maintains Ohio driver’s license and maintains a good driving record
Licensing and Certification
Licensed Social Worker by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board or related profession preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Physical Demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional travel on company and/or personal time as well as work at various locations is required. Individuals in this position must furnish a reliable, personal means of transportation, and must have a valid active Ohio driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.