Volunteer Engagement Volunteer from volunteer management software, create position descriptions and manuals, and act as lead volunteer assisting with coordination and implementation of and recruitment for seasonal volunteer initiatives such as Bright Ideas Book Bank, Fresh Produce Distributions, and Back to School Supply Drives.
Administrative/ Office Assistance Volunteer to support our Executive Assistant to the President/CEO. General knowledge of formal letter formatting, Microsoft Outlook (email & calendar management), and Microsoft Word will be helpful. Beginner knowledge is ok, and guidance will be provided. Volunteer responsibilities might include:
- Composing correspondence to Columbus City officials and community leaders.
- Composing letters of thanks and other correspondence to partners and contributors.
- Composing correspondence to our Board of Directors, Taskforce, and Committee members.
- Assisting with preparation of Board and Committee meeting agendas, materials, and minutes.
- Assisting with preparation of vital documents.
File Auditing and Client Research Volunteer to review and prepare client and grant files for an upcoming audit, as well as to conduct internet and phone follow-up research on clients of our Homebuyer Education and Foreclosure Prevention Programs. Weekday, evening, and Saturday hours are available.