2017-2018 Stepping Off to College Program Application Opens
Award Description & Eligibility Requirements
Deadline: October 17, 2017
GCCHH’s Stepping Off to College Program provides award winners laptop computer packages after completion of college readiness, time management, financial literacy, health, computer literacy, table manners, etiquette, branding and social skills workshops. Award winners must participate in six all-day program workshops to be eligible to receive award prizes. Additionally, award recipients are required to attend the annual GCCHH banquet on April 7, 2018 at the Hilton Easton. Award winners must abide by all Stepping Off to College Program requirements to be eligible for award prizes.
Award prizes may include:
- Laptop computer with Microsoft Office 2010
- Color printer, ink cartridges
- Laptop carrying case
- College dorm package
Award winners will have the chance to win other prizes which may include:
- Flat screen TV
- Mini refrigerator
- iPad mini tablet
- Microwave Oven
- Gift cards
About the Organizations:
Greater Columbus Community Helping Hands, Inc. (GCCHH) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization which provides a ‘helping hand’ to economically challenged students to enable them to achieve their educational and career goals.
Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing (OCCH) is a nonprofit that works with private and public developers to create affordable housing opportunities. OCCH has several affiliates which include a philanthropic affiliate, Ohio Capital Impact Corporation (OCIC), and a property management affiliate Community Properties of Ohio Management Services (CPO). Together these organizations have partnered with GCCHH to offer Homeport residents a chance to participate in the GCCHH 2017-2018 Stepping Off to College Program.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
College bound Homeport residents who will be attending college fall 2018 are welcomed to apply for this award. Other requirements must be met. See eligibility requirements below. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants must plan on attending an accredited public or private college or university in the United States
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need (based on students current completed FAFSA) due October 17, 2017
- Applicants must be pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree during the 2017/2018 school year. Applicants may include any one of the following:
a) Current high school seniors who will be graduating during the 2017/2018 school year and going to college for the 2017/2018 school year
b) Residents currently in college pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree
c) Residents who are not currently in high school or college, but who will be seeking an associate’s or bachelor’s degree during the 2017/2018 school year
Want an Application? Have Questions? Here’s who to Contact:
Homeport Education and Engagement Manager
614.545-4802 or email@example.com
- Saturday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- October 28, November 4 and December 9, 2017
- January 27, February 17 and March 10, 2018